Friday, September 11, 2015

Plans for the Blog in Coming Months, And What I Did This Summer

If you are a regular reader of this blog (and I hope there are some!), you may have noticed that nothing new has been posted for a while.  I’ve had a busy summer, as I got married, and went for a great honeymoon in Scotland.  I’ve posted a few pictures below.  But, probably like you, now that Labor Day is passed, I am excited to pick up some of the projects that were put aside for the summer.  Here’s what up for the blog in the coming weeks:


  • The last part of my series on “What is ERISA,” discussing ERISA and retirement benefits;
  • A post titled “The Insurance Company’s Calling You a Liar,” discussing how insurers claim that they can ignore what you say to the doctor about your pain and impairments, dismissing it as “only self-report.”  Do the insurers really believe that patients lie to the doctors, the ones on whom they rely for treatment and healing?
  • An update on when a plan can impose a shorter period for filing a lawsuit than what the law otherwise provides, discussing Mirza v. Insurance Administrator of America, Inc.
  •  I’ll discuss Shaw v. AT&T Umbrella Benefit Plan No. 1, which shows that courts are increasingly skeptical about insurers ignoring the opinions of treating physicians unless they have a sound basis for doing so.

Let me know what you would like me to discuss in my blog.


And, as promised, here are some pictures of my wedding and honeymoon in Scotland.



No comments:

Post a Comment